Some medico-legal terms other than Confidentiality
- it is a bigger term because it is more than self, it involves family and relationship.
- it is about seclusion / individualism.
Data protection regimes
- UK law Data Protection Act 1998;
- 'personal data': identification of a living person and 'processed' (i.e. stored and used) in various automatic ways
- information with clearly sensitive context;
- managing it appropriately with data protection regimes;
- involves anoymization.
- it is context sensitive which means a member of the public might not be able to but someone with specialist knowledge might be able to get access to it.